Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Friday, November 11, 2016

It's a choice...I choose to BE IT!


We choose to live in a diverse area, we choose to have our kiddo in public school, we choose because we want our family to learn to tear down the walls that separate religions, sexuality, nationalities, genders, classes, and races.

This morning we went to McDonalds – we were the only white people in the place.  While the dining area off to the side was empty, the main dining area was full of middle age to older black men all discussing the election.  I plopped myself down in the midst of them, smiled, and listened.  They had a few things to say about white people and there were a few glances to see if we were okay with this. (Note: just because we are white does not mean we voted a certain way and or that we don’t hold the same concerns).  It felt good to hear them express their concerns as well as resolve to “work together to ‘get through’ the next four years.” 

While I appreciate that at this stage of processing how they are feeling they are understanding that “we can’t change it now”…but I don’t want to “get through, ” I want us to work together and if we want it, we have to BE IT!!  BE THE CHANGE, BE PEACE, BE THE VOICE, BE LOVING, BE UNITED, BE MOTIVATED to make and keep America great!  

One of the men this morning reminded me that people are dying daily trying to get to this land of Freedom….we are here, we are so fortunate! We have so much work to do together – why not start over coffee and an egg mcmuffin??!! This is the HOME of the BRAVE and the LAND of the FREE, and personally,…I’m lovin’ it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....