Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Baseball Motivation



A joined the Inner City Youth Baseball team today!! He is really not into sports so we were really surprised when he came home and excitedly told us of his desire to join the team.

Later we learned his motivation, free uniform, bat and glove! 😀

We had a chat about what it means to be on a team and the responsibility of doing your best, going to practice, and being fully present.

He was still all in, so today we went and signed him up! He said afterwards, "I actually had fun! I'm not one of the better players but I'm not the worst! 

Lol, three cheers for not being the worst!!!

He also said, "I must have misunderstood, because they didn't give me a uniform." We explained that comes at week four, so people show commitment first. "Oh, okay!" 

It's actually a really nice program organized through the YMCA if anyone has interested kiddos. It's supported by local donors including The West Michigan Whitecaps, Meijer, and The Mitten Brewery.

This is will be so good for him, fun times ahead!!

#HipHipHooray! #BringOnTheUniform #PlayBall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....