Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Fun Day

Oh my gosh, so much fun today!! We went to this park for lunch and a walk then played on the playground. Some kids asked our boys to spin them on the merry-go-round and kept demanding the boy go faster. At one point the one little bit told A that he was going to "beat him up" if he didn't spin them. A was doing his best, huffing and puffing and spinning; such a good sport and so patient! But when the "I'm gonna beat you up" threat happened he just laughed incredulously and looked at us for assistance! These kids were so forward, we all just started laughing! Then started cheering A on! "you can do it!! Faster!!" He kept mouthing, "HELP ME!!" 😀  Anyway, it was a good time.

Then the kids left and I spun the boys, they were then cheering me on and whooping it up! "Our mom can run fast!"



Then we played frisbee.



Seeing the boys together really showed us the strides A is making!! It was really eye opening and exciting. He recognized when his brother was deregulated or inappropriate and instead of jumping into the mix he would allow us to take over and work through it with D. He kindly tried redirecting but easily recognized when it wasn't effective he didn't push it be stepped back and let it play out with us taking over.

When he was alone with us, we really praised him and acknowledged his efforts and validated that we understood it wasn't easy but how great he was doing. He was proud!


A told Us that he'd brought along the McDonald's gift card he won at school. He said he'd like to buy he and D a flurry and a toy. He added that, "whatever is left you and Mom can split!"



Us: PARTY TIME!!! 🎉 We each got 4¢ to spend on "whatever we want!"!!! Ha!

Austin: 🙄

Us: It's the thought that counts!!

It was very sweet of him! We were so proud of him and these amazing strides he's making!! Thank you, Lord!

It was a sad little crew who said our "until next time" & "I love yous." 

But as always, thankful for the time!! 

I'm posting pictures I took on our walk, it was so pretty there!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....