Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Make Me a Blessing!

So it's been a rough few months. But I believe that God brings things into your life to make you stronger, not through our own strength but through His.

I have to be honest though, sometimes it is just downright depressing! A couple days ago I just felt myself slipping into "poor me-ville" and decided to STOP IT!!! We've been given too many blessings for that!! (if you haven't seen Bob Newhart's SNL "stop it" clip be sure to google it! Lol!!)

I've always held the belief that if you doing something for someone else you have no time to think about yourself. So Beav and I talked, we decided to each choose a person and bless them! 

We've been thinking about who to bless and how and it's been fun! Tonight we were able to bless someone extra...with a whole freezer full of food!! 

I came home from work, went to get dinner out of the freezer, and noticed things seemed to be defrosting. Throughout dinner I felt just sick about it. After dinner I checked again. Sure enough the freezer quit working! So, we packaged everything up carried it to the car and drop it off where we knew it would be put to good use! 

God has a strange way of using us to bless others!! Lol!! 

Seriously though, I don't think it's His typical MO, but as I drove away I couldn't help feeling good about being able to give! I couldn't help think that God used the situation to bless others, and that helped me be at peace with the loss of the freezer! I'm grateful we had it as long as we did and it served us well! 

Thanking the Lord for His reminder that He is in control and even in circumstances that we don't anticipate, we can be a blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....