Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Waxing Eloquent

I purchased a kit!  It seemed harmless at the time, a little tub of wax some cotton strips.  This seemed easy - so I set out to wax my eyebrows - proving once again why my family oh-so-lovingly dubbed me, Grace, of which I am the antithesis!

My first experience with it was a year ago it went....

Simple: heat tub of wax in microwave for 1-2 minutes.

Me: heat tub of wax in microwave 10-1....well, it was a little too warm!

Simple: Smooth on a paper-thin layer, using applicator. Apply strip and quickly zip-off in the opposite direction of hair growth.

Me: carefully apply small amount to wayward hairs at the eyebrow, but wax was a little too warm and not all of the hair I desired to remove came off. No problem, I will try again.

PROBLEM: using some rationale that I can still not explain expect that I did not want to waste the strips,  I decided to reuse the strip! After applying another thin coat and zipping it off I checked the mirror to admire my work ENTER the Husband.

Husband: what did you do to your eyebrow?

Me: waxed it

Husband: did you mean to?

Me: uh yes, then looking closer in the mirror noticed I had cleanly removed a large chunk of my eyebrow. I look at the strip - YUP, there it is!!  CRAPOLA!!!

Facebook post: Hypothetically speaking.....uhmm....my FRIEND wants to know...ahhh...how long does it take for eyebrows to grow back after an unfortunate turn of events while trying a to use a home warm wax kit....just wondering....for my friend! Anybody have an eyebrow pencil I ....I mean my friend can borrow??!!

Second, and I might add FINAL,try was tonight!

The lid to the wax was glued on, I figured once I heated it in the microwave it would loosen up, which it did.  But the wax spilled as I took the lid off and was all over my fingers.  That stuff is sooo hard to get off.  I was trying to get it off before my husband figures it out.  No such luck! 

Husband: did you know that you got wax on your make up sponge thingy?

Me: yup.

Husband: what are you doing, is it on your hands?

Me: yes, and I can't figure out how to get it off. I tried freezing it with ice, heating it with hot water - it just spreads and gets worse.

He snickered - I poked him in the chest with my waxy finger leaving a hairless reddened spot mid chest! 

Husband: picks up directions and reads  - use oil to remove.  He then goes and gets the vegetable oil and pour it on my hands! It worked!!

Me: Well, the wax is in the trash and I have a salon appointment next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....