Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

We are equipped...for the race!

I wasn't sure whether to sigh in relief, cry big tears full of mixed emotions, phone a friend for moral support, or jump for joy that he is going to get help and allow myself to relax a little...so I did all of it! 

Thanks to a FABULOUS Social Worker who didn't take no for an answer, and an amazing team that stood firm in their advocacy for us, we have been transferred on to the next stage in the process of getting help!

So tonight, after 11 days in the children's hospital, we left knowing we would not be there tomorrow.  It was an odd feeling: freeing yet scary because he'll be so far away. 

Our house feels strange too, as we are still less one, but the chaos feelings of the past weeks of trying to keep it all together are lessening already.  It's surreal. It feels good to know he's safe, we're safe...and we have a couple days to breathe.

Tomorrow we do life...work, laundry, dishes, clean, and maybe even cook a meal?! 

But one thing we don't stop doing is advocating for and loving a kiddo who needs us more than his actions tell us...we may question why we've been chosen for this, but we don't question that we have been chosen for this...and therefore, as He is already equipping us, and we will run the race. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....