Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Sunday, August 16, 2015

GRUMPOPATOMUS

I am officially a GRUMPOPATOMUS!!! I'm sick and tired if spending my days in the hospital, annoyed with being on call when there are no-shows, frustrated to depend on people to help with the other kiddo so he doesn't have to hang out at the hospital, pissed with insurance companies, sick of over-priced gross hospital food, sick of unreliable people, agencies, ombudsmans, and just over all feeling frustrated with life! 

With that being said, I feel guilty! So, I made myself think of at least 10 things I'm thankful for! Because we do have so much to be thankful for and I need to keep things in perspective!! 

My thankful list: it goes without saying that I am thankful that we have great doctors, nurses, social workers, nurse techs, safety attendants, and more! So, I'm not allowing myself to count that as one of the ten! 

1) We have dogs that love on us the minute we walk through the door! They love us so much they leave us stinky treats to show us their displeasure at being left alone for so many hours 😁 (okay, so that was a grump too so I owe myself two extra things to be thankful for!)

2) Thankful we don't typically eat this much hospital food.

3) Thankful for our health, we see others daily who aren't as fortunate.

4) Thankful for the dedicated professionals we interact with each day! They all wish they had a magic wand...anyone know where we can get one for them???

5) I'm thankful for ice tea and coffee!

6) I'm thankful for sooooo many prayers. Despite my griping today, it really humbles and lifts me up. I know without a doubt those prayers are why we are being heard and getting help.

7) Skipbo

8) I'm thankful for technology it is allowing me to FaceTime with mom, teach this kiddo Tai Chi, and keeping up with FB and a game here and there helps fight the boredom...not to mention shopping on Amazin and Zulily...really please don't mention it...at least not to the husband!! 😀😁😆😉

9) Raspberries being on sale for $1 a pack! 

10) A car with air conditioning!

11) The Beave

12) That the cafeteria suddenly sells Satellite Wafers!! Reliving a fond childhood memory!! 

Wow, I am feeling better already!! I am well on my way to being a REFORMED GRUMPOPATOMUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....