Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

You've Got Wings

He shall cover you with His feathers and under His wings you may seek refuge, His truth shall be your shield and buckler. Ps 91:4


I am continually in awe of how much God loves me and watches over me.  Just think about that verse!
He covers me with His feathers!  When I am hurt, lonely, sad, or life just seems rough I can turn to Him and find shelter under His wings of protection., He covers me with His feathers! His truth is my shield and buckler = I can trust His promises, they are true, He is faithful to save, protect, and supply all of our needs.
In my weakness, He is my strength and protector!  Oh, how deep His love is for His kids - just amazing!

How Deep the Father's Love for Us
How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that left Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
©1995 Kingsway's Thank you Music
Words and Music by Stuart Townend



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....