Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Privileged

Tonight when I came home from work there was a bird sitting on our door step - a little chick-a-dee.  I thought he must be hurt since he did not bother to move when we got close.

We were careful not to let the dogs out to disturb him. I found a little box and placed a tea towel and two little saucers in it, one for food, one for water.  I took it outside and gently picked up up and placed him in the box. He was so calm, I think he knew I was trying to help.

I placed another towel over one corner so he could hide if he wanted to, he did. A few minutes later I went to check on him and he was standing in the saucer drinking.  We were getting ready to go out so I left him along for awhile, when we left he was eating some of the birdseed I put in the second saucer, I had high hopes for his recovery but somehow knew it was not meant to be.

I think he knew he was dying and wanted to do so while being cared for and with a full belly - I came home to find he had passed.

It made me sad, but for choosing to allow me to care for him, I felt PRIVILEGED!

What is the price of two sparrows--one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. Matthew 10:29


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....