Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Poly-Satin Flowers

Love this project!!  It is quick, simple, and cheap!  I spent $2.24 on some poly-satin material 1/8 of a yard of six yummy colors.

 
Choose your colors!

Use a tea-light to slightly melt the edges (watch your fingers!!)

This is how the edges will look.  Now repeat with various color and sizes.


 Stack them up and sew then together through the center.  (You can add a pretty button or bead to the centers)


If you would like to make a flower with petals vs the rounded look see below:

Cut small slits around the circumference

 I varied the number of "petals" on each flower.


Melt edges




These were a ton of fun to make because they are quick, easy and foolproof!  Instant gratification!! :)  I made one in just a few minutes, attached it to a bobby pin and put it to the side of my pony tail.  I also pinned one to my purse.

Other ideas:  use as a bow for gift bag, pin one or two in random places on your jeans, skirt, or blouse.  I am going to make a necklace out them too (I will post the pic once I am done!).

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your flower making and be sure to let me know how it goes and/or post other suggestions for use!

***My argument for those who think they can't: We were made by the utimate Creator, so everyone is creative and the best thing is we are all creative in different ways and can compliment each other!***

Create on, my friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....