Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Poly-Satin Flowers: The Necklace

So, I did it!  And for the first one, I am really pleased!  Here is what I did. 

I made the flowers (see 9/12/11 post for tutorial) then cut out a piece of felt to use as backing then I glued (using hot glue) the flowers to the felt (then realized I had to recut some notches out of the felt so you could not see the felt behind the flowers.  Then I hot glued a pearl in the center of each flower. 

Then I took a necklace I bought for $1.00 at a resale shop and clipped the links in the middle and removed the center pearl.  I stuck a piece of metal like a jewelry pin (which I cut from piece of broken necklace and bent with pliers) then put the pin through the felt and pinched it with pliers...hard to describe but easy to do!

I then the center pearl that I cut off the necklace as the middle of the tan flower and used a few other pearls from another necklace I took apart for the centers of the other 4 flowers.

Then I tried it on!! :) Swwweet!  I am going to wear it to ArtPrize tonight!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....