Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Sunday, May 6, 2018

First Place

First place!! 🏅 


Austin and I did a 5K today. We came in under our goal, but pretty much dead last. After lots of pep talks along the way and promises of an extra donut he finished, and I am proud of him, actually of both of us! I was determined to set the example of pressing and finishing! (I am so out of shape, so even a dinky 5K took determination).


It rained the whole time, which I found refreshing. I told Austin the only way we aren’t finishing is if it storms, but I’m not gonna lie, I did pray for lightening at one point so they’d pull us off the course, lol! ⚡️⛈


My good buddy and encourager (and Marathon Runner) Britt, finished and then walked to meet us and walk with us the last half mile! 💜  Beaver met us at the finish with clapping, cheers, and photo taking! 


At one point I said, “Austin, we are going to finish, at least I am, and it would be a lot more fun if we remain positive” he replied, “my feet positively hurt, I’m positively hungry, and I’m positive that frog there is in heaven.” In the end he agreed he had fun, now we have to practice up and do another! 


We decided that our theme would be Matthew 20:16a “The first shall be last and the last shall be FIRST!”  And taking artistic license, WE FINISHED FIRST!! 🏅🏃‍♀️🏃🏻‍♂️





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....