Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Lemon Berry Dressing

So, I made a beautiful salad for lunch. Only to realize I only had Ranch Dressing on hand. Not quite the flavor I was going for with my Farmer's Market fresh lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, strawberries, and blueberries salad. So, I made one up!

1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/8 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
3-4 small strawberries
6-8 blueberries


I threw it all in the blender for about one minute. It made about a cup of dressing and I poured it over the salad, topped it off with walnuts and it was a hit!! Even the kids gave it great reviews!!


(Intact salad picture interrupted by hungry eager husband, lol!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....