Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

The tale of two treasures!

Treasure number one:

We took a day trip to Detroit for some adoption meetings. While there of course we see an Estate Sale sign and we just had to go! The people had beautiful things, but the things that caught our eyes were in the garage and weren't even marked with a price! They seemed surprised we wanted it and we got it for a steal!! When the guy heard it was going in our house vs where they had, in the garage, he was really surprised, but I love it!! Meet my new tea cupboard!



I love the old hardware on the door!

I think she's thirsty for some delicious tea!!





Treasure number two:

Last month, my husband told me of some things he saw in the neighbor's trash. Being new to the neighborhood and a little Leary, I said an emphatic, "No, we are not picking stuff out of the neighbors trash." Well, curiosity got the best of me and I went to the window to look. What a saw was a potential treasure!! I quickly went to find my husband, he laughed at me for changing my mind and said he would help me get it as soon as he finished what he was doing...5minutes...10minutes...seemed like and eternity as I kept glancing out to ensure it was still there! I had already decided where it was going and didn't want someone else to come along and grab it up (hoping no one else would see the beauty in it I did!). The we was ready to go.....the thrill of the find was greater than my temporary embarrassment as we looked over the piece and then hurried it across the street to our house! 

The dogs gathered round to check our our find too! 

The drawers hold my circuit supplies and the cabinet part holds all my paper! Fun...and best of all FREE!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....