Welcome!

Welcome me, welcome you! Athough I am not sure I have much to say, that anyone wants to listen to that is, I thought it might be fun to start a blog and archive my thoughts, pictures, writings, and attempted recipes and crafts! So, this is more of an area for me to be ME and to explore, vent and get creative. Enjoy, I plan to!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning

This is the recipe I use for to make my own taco seasoning.

6 tsp chili powder
2.5 tsp garlic powder
4.5 tsp cumin
5 tsp paprika
4 tsp minced onion
1 tsp of cayanne pepper (may be omitted or halved if you do not like it spicy)
dash of salt and pepper

Mix it and store it in an air tight spice jar.

To use, brown the meat and add 2 Tablespoons and a half a cup of water per one pound of meat.

We actually use 1/2 lb of meat and 1 cup of cooked oatmeal - brown it up and add the spice mix.  The oatmeal is healthier, cheaper, and you can't tell the difference! Seriously, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....