A crowded street. Dust in the air. People pressing in on every side of Jesus. Noise. Movement. Urgency.
And… her.
She doesn’t come boldly. She doesn’t announce herself. She reaches in desperation, almost hidden by the crowd.
Her hand may have trembled…
but she knew.
Twelve years of illness.
Twelve years of isolation.
Twelve years of feeling untouchable.
She was at the end of her rope.
And all she needed was to get her hands on the threads of His garment.
Not His hand.
Not His shoulder.
Just the fringe.
And in that moment…
She is bent low.
He is walking forward.
The crowd is unaware.
A reach.
A touch.
And eternity shifts quietly.
There is so much power in the tension of that moment.
Her posture is desperation mixed with hope.
His is steady, unhurried, fully aware.
Lately, I understand that reaching hand a little more than I would like to.
There have been days when I have felt like I am holding on by a thread. Days when I’m tired of being strong. Tired of the next thing. Tired of carrying things I cannot fix, control, or understand.
And I have to remind myself that when I am hanging on by a thread, it matters what I am holding on to.
I can grasp tighter to my own strength. I can try harder. Think harder. Worry harder. I can keep telling myself I’ve got this.
Or I can reach for Him.
I can grab hold of the threads of His garment and put myself right where I belong, at His feet.
Not because everything suddenly changes.
Not because every prayer is immediately answered.
But because I change there.
At His feet, I can rest.
I can remember where my hope comes from.
I can find assurance when I am uncertain, strength when I am weary, and courage when I’m not sure I have enough for what comes next.
Maybe faith doesn’t always look like standing strong.
Sometimes faith looks like being bent low in the middle of the crowd, barely hanging on, but still reaching.
And maybe when you’re hanging on by a thread, the most important thing is making sure the thread you’re holding belongs to Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, ponderings....